Wow, these past few days have been quite hectic. I started my internship last Friday, but the real work didn’t start until Monday. For some odd reason, we’re using BeyondFTP and its scripting language is pretty horrid. Not VBScript horrid, but horrid nonetheless. I’ve spent the last 2 days learning this scripting language so I we can move from 2.5 to 3.0. Oh well, it’ll pay the bills.
An update on my virtual desktop dillema on Windows: I tried out a bunch of different software solutions out there (thanks for all the help from the people that replied with suggestions), but I finally settled on LiteStep. Not only do I have multiple desktops, but Windows no longer feels as much like Windows.
Also, visitors to my site will notice I now have a spiffy new icon for my blog. I’d like to thank Ed Mack for drawing that for me. It’s cute ;).
I worked some more on erasing CD’s in Coaster this weekend. I gave up on Daniel’s idea, and decided to do what regexxer does while it runs its searches: do an iteration of Glib::MainContext in the while loop. I hacked that up and it worked! Coaster now blanks CD’s and has a dialog with a pulsing progress bar. I just uploaded those changes to Coaster’s arch repo, so you can check it out, try it, and tell me if it works for you (I know it works for me). Now, it’s time for the Cosby Show and then bed.
P.S. Riff, thanks for the entry title.